Monday, July 20, 2020

My mind wanders. My mind is creative.

Today after breakfast I took a walk in my Berlin neighborhood. I saw many homes, some businesses, and some public gathering places.

I saw two glass collection locations, and I wondered if they would appear on a map. My first search result was Glas entsorgen – Entsorgen.org. The first commenter was a person with a disability seeking a pickup service for his glass recycling.

This story so far portrays the tangential tendencies of my ADHD brain. Others have told this story before! Here's a fun version: Hal replacing a lightbulb (YouTube autoplay, 42 seconds).

Fortunately, before I went to bed last night, I chose my goal for today: to categorize and prioritize the whole world of unsolved accessibility problems, with a focus on technology. Does that sound unrealistic? Well, I believe I can harness my creativity to tame this complexity.

In fact, I can use this morning's tangential topic for my ambitious goal today. The commenter's need for a recycling pickup service is just one of our seemingly endless list of challenges in need of categorization.

Tangents are good. Wandering toward a goal is called creativity.

No comments: